Introduction( Interesting facts about Vaishno devi).
Vaishno devi is amongst the most interesting and top holy places in India. Every year around 10 millions pilgrims visits here Nestled in the Trikuta hills in Jammu, the cave temple of Goddess Vaishno Devi, who is the manifestation of Goddess Parvati or Shakti is the said to be the abode of 33 Hindu gods. Vaishno devi is believed to be the shower of strength to the weak, bless childless couples and wealth to the poor. Here at traveltrioo we share all important information along with some of the Interesting facts about Vaishno devi .
Map to Reach Vaishno devi.
How to reach Vaishno devi?
( Interesting facts about Vaishno devi).
- The closest railway station to the pilgrimage is shri mata vaishno devi katra railway station,which is only 20KM away.
- The closest airport is the Jammu Tawi airport, which is 46.7 KM away via NH 144.
- Bus, independent taxi as well as shared taxi services are available from Jammu Tawi, New Delhi, and Amritsar, etc., to Katra.
Average Sufficient Money you required to Visit temple.
On the cheaper hand-
Get down at Katra railway station and you can then take an auto or walk to any hotel. Auto will cost around Rs. 50 to Rs 60.
Hotel per day will cost you on an average Rs. 1000-Rs 1500.
Food per day will cost around Rs. 400 (Breakfast, lunch and dinner)
If you walk to Banganga. (from where the yatra starts) , then you save more money.
You walk the whole way up, you can save money but you lose your energy and time.
Bhaint will cost you around Rs. 100 on an average. There are different prices for different sizes according to your choice.
So, the cheap tour on an average will cost you nearly Rs. 1500 for one day.
On the expensive hand-
You get down at Jammu station and take a cab to Katra. (Rs. 1500 average).
Take an auto to a hotel (Rs. 50-Rs 60).
Hotel (Rs. 1500)
Food (Rs. 500)
Auto to Banganga (Rs. 100)
Horse or pony (Rs. 700)
Bhaint (Rs. 100)
Total Rs. 4850/-
So, on an average the price can be anywhere between around Rs. 1500 to Rs. 5000.
Interesting facts about Vaishno devi.
Complete guide for Vaishno devi trip.
Interesting facts about Vaishno devi .
- It is believed by the pilgrims those who visits here that Mata Vaishno Devi, who was also known as Trikuta observed the ‘Navratra’, to pray for the victory of Lord Rama against Ravana (god of Devils). It is also said that Lord Rama also ensured her that the entire world would sing her praises and revere her as Mata Vaishno Devi. Thus, it is due to Rama’s blessings that Mata Vaishno Devi attained immortality and popularity amoung the people.
- Bhairo Nath who was a sadhu, chased Mata Vaishno Devi and forced her to marry him, was actually sent by Gorakh Nath, who was a Mahayogi. Gorakh Nath had a vision of the conversation between Lord Rama and Vaishnavi.
- Mata Vaishno Devi had an Ashram on the foothills of Trikuta. The ashram was beautifully constructed on the instructions of Lord Rama, who ensured Vaishnavi to built an ashram where they will live after getting married in the Kaliyug.
- The Goddess after forgiving Bhairo Nath and allowing him to attain Moksha . Mata Vaishno Devi, hence, gives her devotees darshan in the form of a five and half feet tall rock, with three pindies or heads on the top.
- it is believed that the late Sikh Guru, Guru Gobind Singh himself visited Vaishno Devi.
- There are basically three main caves located at Vaishno Devi, of which the main cave remains closed most of the year. It is said that the three caves combined are too long for a single pilgrimage its very difficult to visit all three and that is why only two caves are kept open for the flock of people to see.
Booking for helicopter from Katra to Sanjichat open 60 days prior to the travel date..It opens at 10am .There are two operators..Tickets can be booked only on Maa Vaishnodevi Shrine Board web site. It is always better to book on the opening day as the tickets get booked immediately in 30 minutes.
Helicopter booking complete guide.
Tips for Pilgrims.
- Always try to avoid peak seasons for darshans if you want darshans in a comfortable manner.
- Carry heavy wollens for winter and light wollen for summer.
- Always have a good pair of shoes with you during yatra.
- Dont carry weight weights item with you everything you required like refresments,toilets facility,Dhabas everthing is available all along the yatra route. Intersting facts about vaishno devi.